Sunday, August 1, 2010

Being Vegetarian - Day 1!

So today I started my journey into becoming a vegetarian. I am feeling very positive about making this change and regretting the fact that I didn't do it sooner. We went on a family trip to Shepparton to visit my Grandma and had lunch in town. I thought I was doing so well when I ordered a vegetarian laksa - only to find a small piece of meat in there. I have no idea how it got there and I was pretty disgusted and turned off my food. Dinner was better my Mum cooked us a risotto and was nice enough to use vegie stock and add their chicken in at the end. I have no idea what I am going to eat tomorrow but will start hunting the internet and my recipe books for some yummy vegetarian recipes - any suggestions welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting times ahead for you! I love being vegetarian, Mr T not so much! I love www.taste.com.au for generic recipes, http://www.101cookbooks.com/vegetarian_recipes/ is nice to look at, though I can't say I've made a whole lot from the site, I quite like these guys http://herestheveg.blogspot.com/ for recipes and Melbourne restaurant reviews.

    Enjoy & good luck.

    ReplyDelete