Sunday, August 15, 2010

Adopting a dog

My hubby and I will be moving to a bigger property in the next month or so and will be able to get a dog! I have wanted a dog for so long but now I am obsessed! I browse the pet rescue sites every day searching for a puppy/dog. It takes lots of thinking to work out what breed of dog will suit us and to make sure we can care for it properly. I love the idea of adopting a dog and would NEVER purchase a dog from a petshop... Although it is hard to watch some of the footage from Earthlings relating to puppy mills and pets in general is absolutely heart breaking and should make all humans think about the way we 'use' animals for our own satisfaction.

I came across this gorgeous dog - Angela today she is an 18 month kelpie cross lab which is the sort of dog I think will be perfect for us! Will have to wait a few more weeks before we can start looking properly but I will keep you updated about how it goes :)

Lots and lots of things going on in my life right now and lots of reading and thinking about veganism - more posts to come on this.






No comments:

Post a Comment