Thursday, August 19, 2010

Going Vegan

My hours of reading and watching videos over the past few weeks has lead me to the point where I have decided to go vegan. After watching Earthlings as I mentioned I decided to go vegetarian but I have now decided to go a step further and go vegan. I have become very passionate about animal welfare issues but I also feel that this is a major step towards good health and making a real difference. I do love cheese and this is probably my main concern but with a bit of planning and research I can see that it is not impossible to go without cheese! Over the past 2+ weeks we have not eaten meat and have phased out our dairy products. I have also been 'phasing' out non-ethical products from our house, and buying some amazing organic produce. I have been cooking some delicious healthy vegan recipes and I am feeling so fantastic! I could go on for hours about all of the new things I have learnt but that is enough for now. I am really looking forward to moving out of winter! Lots more to come! PS. I met the most gorgeous little kelpie the other day and her owner 'may' be considering putting her up for adoption - not getting my hopes up but we will see!

I forgot to mention my new favourite website - Unleashed and their amazing forum has given me so many really helpful bits of information and some very cool people sharing like-minded ideas - thanks guys!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!

    If you need it, here's a new forum that is specifically for asking for help as a new vegan - http://vegan.fm/forum/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good luck Erin. How does M feel about this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cas - he is all good with it!

    ReplyDelete