Thursday, August 26, 2010

Food!

I have ordered a copy of Veganomicon online and am waiting for it to arrive. I hope it comes tomorrow. I have been cooking lots of delish vegan food but because of the lack of daylight hours + my ordinary camera I haven't been able to take any decent photos. Last night we had a red curry with tofu and cashews which was a hit. For lunch today I made a roast vegie and couscous salad. One of my favourite meals since going vegan are bean tortillas. So simple, but so yummy. I do refried beans and also red kidney beans cooked with onion and cumin. It is amazing how much I used to rely on eating cheese and sour cream with everything!! It has also started showing on the scales which I won't complain about! This weekend I am planning a trip to the Tim Burton exhibition at ACMI and hopefully lunch at Lord of the Fries or Movida next door - we will see!
I have also been in touch with an old family friend who has been vegan for over 3 years. She offered me some great advice and also some encouragement which is really nice. She also recommended 'skinny bitch in the kitch' which I had heard of but now 'must buy'!



No comments:

Post a Comment