Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just because..





















This weather is so gloomy and depressing - time to post something fun! Our wedding feels like years ago (in a good way). I think it is time to start preparing for some beautiful sunny weather and getting myself motivated. So after being inspired by my friend Cas and her awesome blog I think I need to set myself a list of short term goals to get me focussed! They may only be small steps but I bet they will be motivating! Her list was 10 goals in 2010 - I think I am running out of time but lets see how we go!

1. Start running again - I am going to get this iPod working and if not my sisters iPhone which is being handed down to me, get my couch to 10k happening and get moving. It might be a case of getting out of bed at the crack of dawn but thats ok!

2. Visit Shakahari in Carlton. Since going Vegan this place has been high on my list!

3. Cook an eggplant bake based on this recipe. Not the most exciting challenge so should be able to cross this one off pretty quickly!

4. Get a new hairdo! My long locks have been hanging around for way too long - it is time to go!

5. Start my organic vegie patch. First step might be to order some organic seeds and get them going.

6. Sell my wedding dress. I love it but having such a pretty dress hanging in my cupboard will not benefit anyone. Fingers crossed on this one!

7. Adopt a dog. I am getting a bit obsessive about this one but it is a 'must do'.

Ok that's all I can come up with for now but I think it's a pretty good start - will keep you updated.

3 comments:

  1. Remember you're an Ironwoman! You can run 10km, you just have to listen to your body. I'm looking at doing two 10km events prior to the end of 2010. Keep you posted?

    Shakahari is great. I haven't been in a few years. But oh, to have all those choices!

    And check out the Diggers club for your garden. It's the only place I get my seeds from. They have a huge range of edibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES keep me posted for sure - I need a motivator to get me going!!

    Awesome - it is very high up on my list.

    I have checked out the diggers but I might put in an order now - thanks!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a dog!!! You can cross that off the list

    ReplyDelete