Saturday, August 28, 2010

Veganism















Tomorrow will mark my 1 month of being vegan!

I am very happy with the decision I have made and I feel like it is the right one for me. Someone asked me yesterday if this is going to be a long term thing to which I replied "yes". I feel much better for not having dairy and eggs and of course meat. My shock at the facts about egg laying male chicks being disposed of (approx 12 million per year in Australia), and bobby cows who at 5 days old are taken from their mothers and slaughtered (approx 1 million per year). The more I learn the more passionate I become!

I know this may not be for everyone and some people may not feel like it is something they would ever consider and that is fine. So tomorrow I will be enjoying some delicious vegan pancakes to celebrate and I hope you all have a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment