Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bikram










In mid April I took my second ever Bikram yoga class. After taking a pretty long break from having any regular exercise habits I am loving the fact that i have found bikram. After my first class I have tried to get to class as often as I can - usually 4-5 times a week. I am experiencing some great positives from taking bikram both physically and mentally. At around the same time that I started bikram I also gave up drinking! This was part of a 3 month plan to cut out alcohol. So far it has been surprisingly easy and I am loving the 'high and mighty' feeling I am getting from not drinking. Each bikram class provides new challenges and depending on my state of mind I can have a very frustrating standing series or an amazing class!! One of the things that I have noticed is that if my concentration is a bit off at the beginning of the class I will usually struggle. Also since I began my extremely inflexible shoulders have begun to loosen up. This week I will only make 4 classes but will aim for 5 again next week. I have also been researching yogic diets. At the moment my diet is really lacking. Being a vegetarian I need to be putting WAY more effort into my meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment